Monday, July 14, 2008

Pinetop Vacation

We have been in Pinetop since July 1st and have been loving every minute.   It started out actually that B came up on July 1 and checked into our condo.  I had car issues and was stuck in Gilbert until the evening of the 2nd but finally made it here.  We had to take both cars since we (mostly me ;) had so much stuff to bring for the 2 months we are here.  I arrived to find a beautiful bouquet of roses on the counter when  walked in (glad I came later, heehee) and there were pictures of B and I around the condo.  He left the master suite "pappa bed"  for me and he was all moved in and took the "momma bed".  We still have a vacant room with the "baby beds" in it for any visitors!! I filled my closet with clothes and shoes after may trips from the car.  I also had pics of us to put up....we think alike, yet we both brought different ones so that is cool.

We have done so much in the less than two weeks we have been here. Have golfed 3 times and been rained out of golf twice, bowled 3 times (today B had a 212, and 204, game!!! and my high was 183.  We play tennis 2-2 1/2 hours three days a week at the city park in Showlow with a group and have a guy here who has put us on his roster for his private court so that is awesome and fun for variety.  On Friday we went to Snowflake and attended a temple session which we plan on doing once a week.  There is a golf course that surrounds the temple so that will fit in nicely.  Of course, many trips to Sonic and Walmart.  We have almost finished reading book 8 of "The Work and the Glory" and hope to get through most of the final book # 9.  B has finished Thomas Jefferson story (after he read John Adams, and he is reading another book now.  I am reading a book about shoe addicts, perfect for me.  On Sunday we go to church which is a 4 mintute walk from the condo.  We love listening to the ipod with our Sunday music on it and B reads to me from the Ensign.  In the evenings if it is not raining, we take walks.  It is so pleasant.  We have had many thunderstorms and we just leave the windows and doors open and listen to that beautiful sound and we look out at the Pines.  We are eating well and healthy.  I am down 56 lbs but still have many to go. We also have had some yummy meals eating out.   

Oh, did I mention that this is the best vacation ever.  Forget a cruise!  I would spend my vacation $$ on this any day, especially in the Summer!

Well that pretty much sums up what we have done so far.  Hope to keep "journalizing" if not for any other reason than for myself.  

Oh, I joined Curves for two months while I am here.  It is only  a 5 minute drive from here and is a great way for me to fill in between tennis and golf.  I love it.  I am the youngest person in there too, so today I played 2 1/2 hours of tennis and then did 45 min at Curves and bowled 4 games.  So happy.   Then this evening I had a pedicure and nails done.  Geeze.....life is good. 
Hugs to all,
Jen


2 comments:

Jillene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jillene said...

I admire how active you are! Is there hope for me to still grow up and be like you?

...and i get the whole pine top thing.
glad it was such a good summer.

Love you :)