Tuesday, May 13, 2008

California

B and I went to California for Mother's Day weekend.  It was very nice and relaxing and I got to see many friends. Friday when we got there I contacted my old Doctor and she was so happy to hear from me and so we were able to visit with her for about 45 minutes.  I love that.  She is a great physician as well as friend and I miss her.  That night B and I walked from the hotel and at at a nice little Italian place.  On Saturday we got up early and played 3 sets of tennis on the 7th floor rooftop tennis courts next to the hotel.  B let me win a couple of games....heehee. We had lunch and then went to a baptism and baby blessing of my best friend's grandchildren and many of my friends were there.  On Sunday we went to Agoura 1st Ward was which is always a big treat for me. Since Bob  was on his mission in that area many years ago :) and so we decided to drive north to see some of the places he remembered.  We stopped in Ventura, Santa Barbara and then went on to Solvang and walked around. It was very pleasant and enjoyable.   At that point we were only an hour away from San Luis Obispo, so we drove on up there to see mom and dad Williams.  I had not seen mom for about 6 years or dad for a couple so it was such a nice plus to our day.  They look incredible and I had many fond memories when walking thorough the house.    Holly and Glori and their families were there too and I was amazed at how the kids have all grown up so beautiful and sweet.  Fun times.  Needles to say, it was  long day and we got back to Woodland Hills at midnight. We got up Monday morning and took a walk around the block of the hotel before we left for the airport.  Glad to be home recooping now from a cold but getting ready to go and be gramma Jen in Albuquerque. 

2 comments:

Patterson Family said...

Fun trip! I would love to learn how to play tennis...with real rules. Tell B "Hi" from us Pattersons!

Jen and Bob said...

Thanks Carli. We love tennis and are paying here in Pinetop. Will have to get some pics up.
Hugs to the kids.